Helene Delgado
Helene Delgado
  • Elizabeth City, NC

How do I decorate a dark corner?

BarbAni13089233Tcs
+15

I have an L shape hallway leading to 2 spare bedrooms in my house. The hallway is very dark. I’m looking for ideas to decorate the corner. I ordered some corner floating shelves but they did not fit because it is a weird angle. It’s hard to find a table that would fit. My plan was to add a table and a lamp. Because it is a large space I would like this corner to be grand and provide much needed light to the area. Suggestions?
q how do i decorate a dark corner
This is the corner looking out from one of the guest rooms.
q how do i decorate a dark corner
This is the corner viewed from the main foyer

You can get a small angled metal plant stand and decorate accordingly
  • Big lulu

I'm sorry but this back corner in a hall where the doors open out is not a place to do "grand".
    Hall walls are a great place for photo galleries.
  • Fri30984647

Mirrors. Use different shapes and sizes.
    Suzanne
  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown

how about a large mirror in the space, possibly with a floor lamp in the corner and/or silk plant...or you could have a subtle picture lamp put over the mirror, the light would reflect off the mirror and brighten the space
  • Ken

On one of these sites I saw a project where they took an old window and hung it on the wall with spacers to bring it out a half-inch or so. On the back they installed LED lighting so that you could not see the bulbs but the light reflected from the wall and outlined the frame in light both on the inside and outside. The big issue is in how to power the lights because there is probably no outlet in that corner. They had a solution for that but I don't remember what they did. It looked great.
    • My caren

I saw the same one with the lighred window and that would be perfect for this hallway!
  • Helene Delgado

Great idea! Thanks!
  • Dee Gonyea

How about a pinup or swag style lamp, hung kind of high, with a wall mirror on one of the walls, and a different shaped fabric wall hanging on the other. It doesn't seem like there's enough space for a table there.
  • Fauxgal

Why not add a brighter light to your ceiling fixture, and buy metal or wooden words/sayings and hang on the walls around the door. They have no real depth profile, and you can be as creative as you like with the colors and sayings.
  • Dee Gonyea

A small table, or even a stool covered in a round table cover would be nice, with a table lamp. I think a mirror there would help brighten it up as well. Especially if you are able to add a lamp of some kind.
  • Tcs

Definitely love that hanging light. Try that with a free standing mirror in that corner. Just lean it into the corner.
  • Ani13089233

This is the link to the faux window y'all have mentioned I believe.
  • Barb

How about a corner table from target or home decorator‘s or even a slim cabinet from IKEA. Check thrift stores weekly for corner tables and paint to your liking. Add a slim buffet lamp and problem solved📌