How To Make A Weed-Free Brick Driveway (That Stays That Way!)

$298

Do you have an interlocking paver driveway? Then you understand my frustration. Do you have a brick patio? Then you can feel my pain. Weeds. The little buggers are pervasive and persistent.
how to make a weed free brick driveway that stays that way
We were fortunate enough to buy a house with an interlocking brick driveway.  A great feature for any home.  But, often I would find myself envying neighbors with asphalt driveways.  They weren't out there for hours on the weekend weeding their driveway.  
[Speaking of outdoor yard-work... Looking to build the mother of all tree-houses?! Check out ESSENTIAL TIPS: HOW TO BUILD A TREEHOUSE YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE FOR YEARS!]
About once a year I'd get fed up with the weeds and sit on the driveway and weed until my hands throbbed.  I'd feel satisfied with my hard work, until less than a week later the weeds returned with a vengeance.  They wanted revenge.
Four years ago, after we renovated, we needed to build a new walkway to our front door.  It was then we discovered Polymeric Sand.  I describe it as sand that glues itself together and makes no room for weeds to infiltrate.  We used this product on our walkway and have had little to no problem with weeds.  We needed to use this to take our driveway back from the weed mob.
[While we are out here cleaning up the yard... We might as well fix up that old rusty fireplace! Learn how to, here!]
We used an edging tool to find and cut the driveway edge.  We then pulled up the clumps of grass and tossed them in the composter. We also rented a 36" Sweepster for the day. We lowered the brush as low as it would go and swept back and forth, up and down over a dozen times each way, and it worked really, really well!

• Polymeric Sand
  • Garden Edger
  • Sweepster
FrugalFamilyTimes.com

• Mathewsgirl

I have read and successfully tried appyling boiling hot water to a small area at a time, with extreme caution not to burn yourself. Within 1 to 2 days the weeds just dry up and powder away. Slowly drench the spot you are working on....no chemicals, no hard labor...it worked for me.