John schofield
John schofield
  • San Diego, CA

How to paint an outdoor plastic pot

BobbieRoxanegCynthia H
+2

• Kathleen

Make sure the pot is clean. Lightly go over with a fine grade sandpaper. I generally use Krylon spray paint. Make first coat just enough to cover.Let dry, then spray second coat to cover well.I found putting a clear seal helps to keep pot from sun damage and dry rot.To keep pots nice over time, store inside during months not needed. Good luck hope this helps
  • Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

I have used spray paint to paint some of my plastic pots. Depending where you keep them (outside in the elements or under a covered porch) you may need to touch them up occasionally, but it's a quick and easy way to change the look of a pot.
  • Cynthia H

I've used chalkboard paint (to label them) spray paint and chalk paint. Have fun with it! Here's a search link to help:
  • Roxaneg

Rustoleum paints stick to plastic and they even have a spray paint specifically for plastic. You've got lots of options.
  • Bobbie

After cleaning the outside of the pot, spray paint with Rust-Oleum spray paint. It covers virtually everything, has a large variety of colors and last longer than most!!