Cfivedogs
Cfivedogs
  • Richland, NJ

How to get a oil stain from salad out of cotton shirt

PqLisa S.Penny Taylor
+7

Try blue dawn dish soap
  • Liz Toone

Make a paste from Oxyclean and detergent. Rub it into the oil stain and then soak in cold water for several hours. Then run it through a machine wash in cold water. The state should have completely left it out by then.
  • Pat11831265

Try baking soda and vinegar. Pour white distilled vinegar on the stain then sprinkle baking soda on it. It will bubble up as it should,,, you can scrub it in when the bubbling stops, then put in washer as usual. Another hint: Use Hydrogen Peroxide on blood stains, as well as some other stains.
  • Bar822173

I have very good luck getting oil stains out by hand treating with original formula Dawn dishwashing liquid. Saturate the spot with dawn. Work it in. Wait 15 -20 minutes, then rinse under cool water while rubbing gently. When you stop seeing the soap foam up from the fabric, hang the item to dry. It might require a second treatment, then launder as usual.
  • Debbie Oberloh

If you havent washed and dryed it yet put a solution of dawn soap and water on the spot. massage it in to the spot rinse and rewash the garment.

• Angela Ley

I find adding a bit of dish soap to the spot prior to washing works extremely well.

• Johnavallance82

Washing up liquid neat wash
  • Penny Taylor

Try Dawn dish soap and warm water
  • Lisa S.

Fells Napha bar laundry soap, and a soft finger nail brush.
  • Pq

oxiclean powdered soap I can got stains out of 30 year baby clothes with it. Use it now for all my clothes