Warped & Broken Wood Chairs Become Wall Art For The Entry

$20

When I find pieces that catch my attention at a yard sale or barn pick, I have to bring them home. When my husband and I did our last barn pick, I found three pairs of vintage theater chairs that had been through all kinds of elements because the roof of the barn was not intact. I didn't care. I loved the detail on the backs of the chairs and I thought we could do something with them. That was last spring. I finally felt inspired to work with them and couldn't be more happy with the outcome.

I have been wanting to change up the things on our entry wall for some time. I thought it needed something on a bigger scale because the wall is so tall. These chairs were going to fit the bill.
The first thing we had to do was remove the layers of wood that were warped from being in the rain, sun and snow for so long.
Since the seats were not functional, I thought it would be amazing to hang the backs of the chairs (my favorite part anyway) on our entry wall. We used our {aff} reciprocating saw to cut the backs off the seats.
We were left with the best part of the chairs. I used my orbital sander to remove the rest of the layers of wood that didn't just peel off. Then, I used bleach and water to wash the chair backs and let them dry full for a few days.
I painted the backs in {aff} "Picket Fence" from Fusion Mineral Paint. After they dried, I distressed them with my sander.
Now, the chairs hang in our entry! They were the perfect addition to this wall. You can see it when you are sitting on the sofa in our living room and the chair backs give the prettiest back drop to that space!
I found a way to make easy wreaths to hang on the chairs as well. I searched all over for small wreaths, but they were way too expensive. I came up with an alternative that cost less than $2 per wreath! I will be sharing those soon!
To see more of this repurposed chairs post, head to my blog! https://mycreativedays.porch.com/repurposed-chairs-become-wall-decor/

• Reciprocating saw  (amazon)
  • Paint  (amazon)

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Perfectly Round Tables
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Lindsay Eidahl