My hydrangeas will not bloom. Help!

Big luluJanet PizaroDesertRose
+3

They're mature bushes!

• Wyn25907488

try using miracle-gro for azaleas. it's acidic. they like that. you can even put used coffee grounds on them. works great on azaleas, camellias, all acid loving plants. 8^)
  • Lindeskipper

do you trim them right after their blooms are finished? that's the only time to cut anything on them......if that's not the problem, they need a skootch more sunlight and fed.
  • Big lulu

Do you trim them every year? If so that's probably why. They bloom on old growth.
  • DesertRose

Hydrangeas do not like nitrogen like you might add to the lawn and other plants. They like potassium and other elements like calcium. I put banana peels, coffee grounds, and egg shells in the blender and add a little water to make it pour. Each plant should get a blender full of the mixture at least once in the spring. Put it around the base of the plant and water well. Hope this helps.
  • Big lulu

I don't do anything special for mine. No food at all. But it does not bloom after I cut it back. I have to wait until the following year to see blooms. It always blooms if I don't trim it back.