Any home remedy for getting rid of mosquitos

RiniDianne MosserDfm
+6

• Nancy Turner

Mosquitoes are a way of life. You can never get rid of them no matter what you do. All you can do is try to keep them away with anything they don't like. I use Citronella Geraniums, tiki torches and citronella candles in our seating area and an electronic bug zapper if it is needed.
  • Dfm

sketters breed in still water. Remove all standing water. If you have a fountain keep it running day and night. There is a product that comes in a donut shape for rain barrels and a granular form for wet areas. The idea is to kill the larva. I think the product is called mosquito bits...it will also control gnats of a certain type.
    • Dianne Mosser

Yes, we do keep away from any standing water...will have to try the mosquito bits.. Happy Fall to you!
  • Dfm

okay its not exactly a home remedy.....but it is Effective.

• Dianne Mosser

• Rini

For some reason I don't know, mosquitoes don't like Bounce, Snuggle, and other Dryer Sheets, you could carry a couple with you; sometimes I even place one on my pillow at night if mosquitoes are too persistent and it works like magic! Otherwise Catnip, Geranium and Citronella essential oils will do the trick