Best color for front door facing East/South by Feng shiu

Carol Peacock Robb WhitelockDebBarb
+40

It's an older solid wood door- love it! The roof is tan/Brown, stucco is tan/taupe. Was thinking about a dark green w/matching shutters or a dark sand color?
q best color for front door facing east south by feng shiu
Older small home, large acre lot w/ huge garage...already added junipers and shrubs...
  • DesertRose

I would go with the green and paint the door the same green as the shutters.
    • Chloe White

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 6-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $90 per hour. Read more on this website & start your own work. Good Luck... http://hyperurl.co/Work-At-Home-0nline
  • Johnavallance82

Olive Green Shutters and Door Or Burnt Orange?
  • Catherine Pinto

Sometimes smaller homes need a "pop" of color on the door. A deep coral, a beautiful turquoise or teal. Best thing about paint- it's a fast and easy way to brighten your home so you look forward to seeing your front door every day! Consider adding color to the area next to your front steps too- some zinnia's would be stunning for summer color if you like tall plants or you could go with a couple big pots - one on either side of the steps- with any colorful flower that makes you happy.
  • Karen Tokarse

What a beautiful house. I have a house the same cream color and I painted my shutters and front door a high-gloss BLACK. Then I have large sapphire-colored planters and other blue accents, but I would suggest you use RED for the planters, etc. But definitely buy some shutters. They are relatively inexpensive and create such an impact. Cut the bushes back and add some white window boxes for flowers under the windows. Get some larger black light fixtures and replace the screen door with a full-glass door.
  • Lisa S.

Dark Taupe for the doors and shutters. I would also paint the "triangle" on the porch.
  • Susan K Mullins

I think a red or burgundy color will blend well with your others colors, plus add that pop of color that will provide a warm welcoming.
    • Pek29375620

Burgundy is exactly the color I was going to suggest! Great minds think alike! Lol
  • Ro

tiffany blue? Or maybe hunter green
  • DebM

I painted my front door bright red (meaning welcome, luck or fortune depending on cultural myth) and my shutters black.
  • Sharon

Definitely needs shutters. It will dress up that cute house. Pop of color, oh for sure. Love another's suggestion of the Turquoise. Buy good paint and you will not have to worry about fading. Today's paints are fantastic.
  • Trish desimio

feng shiu is a load of crap

• Denise

I vote for red.
  • Amanda

I vote this color!!!!
    • Leslie Jones

I love that Navy is a popular color these days. I think it would look great with the pale yellow of the house. Great color for the shutters as well!
  • Barbara Hathaway

What are the best Feng shui colors for a front door facing south west?
  • Pat Ruge

I know little to nothing about feng shui, but I always thought Chinese red was supposed to have "magical powers". Hard to tell, but I also though East facing was very feng shui. My house faces East, but the house colors does not lend to red. If it did, I would not hesitate to use it (red).
  • B. Enne

I like the site Linda Sikut provided. The blue would look great on your house. So would the green shown in the pic (not the video) or the earthy tones suggested.
    Which of those do YOU like?
  • Lisa Carr

Well for feng shuI you should stay with earthy colors. If this was my house I'd paint the front door a burnt orange with a light brown wash. I think it would make everything POP!

• Redcar

I would paint the door magenta to b/o the wine-burgundy colored hedges...And forget the shutters, instead, I would opt for 2-3 inch wooden (inside) blinds, enhance landscaping with deep fuschia/burgundy/liliac/cream colored flowers. I do however, love the "blue" door, but that color does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to enhance your beautiful home. Good luck in choosing!
  • Vicky Davis

Why not just paint the screen/storm door? Leave the front door white. I agree with the shutter idea, but am wondering if you only need one on each window on the outside edge? Unless you can get tall skinny shutters? So they don't 'clash' with the door way.

• Bbunny42

The green sounds very nice for the door and shutters and would really enhance your house. Pick a color that makes you happy (but not more beige or brown). I painted my front door and side door to the carport a beautiful yellow the color of fuzzy ducklings. It makes me smile and lifts my spirits each time I see it. Good luck!
  • Cha2050989

teal!
  • Diana Smith

Burgundy.

• Jofran148

A dark green w/matching shutters would be great! My last house had that color scheme & it was beautiful. It was such a dark green that it looked almost black, so if you want it to really look green, you might go a little lighter green. Because you have shutters, you don't want to go bright green (too circusy).
  • Nancy Grissett

Red. A dark red like maroon for a pop of color. And I would put on some shutters as well. They are easy to make. Also paint them deep maroon. It will pop out the house color. Good luck

• Amanda Bishop

I think a deep red like red fox door and a dark gray or even black shutters

• Diana Deiley

For me, I prefer a beautiful naturally stained wood door with matching wood shutters. I think it would complement your home's exterior color and roof. Pops of bright colors can be added & changed during the seasons with pots of mums or annual flowers. If I had to paint the door, I'd choose Stone Blue. Best of luck.
  • Jan8299805

I would use bright yellow or red,if you like a painted door. Our house is light tan with a darker brown trim around the windows and we have ours is a naturally stained a brown-ish wood door with a small accent window in it. I'm not sure what wood it it is . It looks great with the color of the house

Janis Y. Lancaster, PA
  • Catherine cobb

I would go with black for both windows and doors or a dark gray the dark colors make the house lookbigger out side ànd give a pop the the cream out side
  • Sharon

What direction does your door face?
    • Sharon

Ophs didn't see the direction above. For a southeast facing door the best colors in Feng Shui in order of auspiciousness are: green, blue, brown, black, very light yellow and all earthy colours
  • Sharon

OK I colored in your house using the appropriate feng shui, and here's what I think is harmonious .... green door including storm door, and then bring the green onto the wrought iron supports, and along the fascia surround of the porch roof.
    Then I would select a brown paint the color of the roof and fill in the porch roof face which you could wood grain with a tool, around the windows, and put some wood shutters on the same color as the roof and paint. I would also get some concrete paint and do the concrete steps and porch in a coordinating brown tone.
  • Barb

I personally would add satin black shutters with satin black door, the reason for satin black because it doesn’t show all the imperfections on the fr not door, where shinny shows past paint coverage from bad paint jobs or peeling. Be sure to paint the concrete porch
  • Deb

Go with a brown/grey color for door and new shutters. It is a very popular color and will tie together with your roof. Also paint the triangle part over your front porch roof. You have a very cute house but don't go with any reds. UGG!

• i think shutters would look good with the windows. Probably can't use shutters with the door because of the light fixtures. in my opinion, i think you could match the color of the burgundy shrubs for the shutters and door. if you paint them green, maybe a green just a little darker than the green color of the green shrubs. may i suggest that you cut down those burgundy bushes so that they don't block the windows so much, and keep them symmetrically trimmed.

copy and paste the site below. (if it comes through correctly, it's a picture of a house front that was the closest i could find, just to give you somewhat of an idea.)

Good luck.
    Carol.