How to get rid of bed bugs an mice

Casey MillerShirley HeikkinenBonny Parrish
+4

we have a boarder staying with us since our mother passed away we never knew he had house guests with him ,, bed bugs ,, seems i cant win on getting rid of them ive tried bleaching beds ,, walls floors ,, bagging clothes an putting them in freezer over night ,, seems the more i try the worse it gets ,, help ,, need rid of these bugs or they be burying me soon too ,,

• You will never get rid of them unless youbcall in the pros. Do yourself a favor and bite the bullet and call them.
  • Ginny

Call an exterminator.
  • Rebecca Taylor

Hello, I have had a problem with bed bugs too. Since I cannot afford an exterminator right now I use alcohol in a spray bottle to kill them on contact. I also have a steamer that I use on the beds and furniture. It keeps them under control until I can afford to have someone come in. Zippered covers for the mattress and box springs will really help. I wish I could give you a better answer but I have tried so many things that do not work.
  • Ginny

Call a professional exterminator NOW.
  • Bonny Parrish

We had bedbugs courtesy of a coworker. We tried pretty much every thing on the market but nothing worked. Finally one evening after using the last of another product my husband suggested using the OFF bug repellant. I put it on as if I were going to the woods and sprayed the bed and carpet with it. No bedbugs that night! I continuedthis routine nightly for a week or two then a couple times a week for a month and haven't had any for over two years. Hope this works for you.
  • Shirley Heikkinen

Heat is the answer! The freezer may take care of the few on whatever you put in the freezer, but according to a news story last year the professionals use heat.
  • Casey Miller

You have to empty out the room. Burn everything and start over. Bed bugs are the most tenacious creatures to have ever lived. If you don't want to go to that extreme, you can work to mitigate the problem. It still involves removing everything from the room, cleaning it, (bleach is ineffective), inspecting everything before putting it back. You can use bedbug killing insecticides to douse solid surfaces. For upholstered things like chairs and beds, you would be better off to get rid of them. You can't spray every place that bed bugs can hide. I had this problem in my bedroom. Heat kills them if it's over 130 degrees. Steam kills them if you can get it to their hiding places. I live in Texas where it gets really hot in the summer. I packed all my belongings in boxes and set them in the front yard for a couple of weeks of +100 degree weather. Not just my stuff, but my nightstands, my dresser, I took all the drawers and and set everything in the yard to bake . I wrapped my box springs and my mattress in plastic and sealed it with heavy duty clear packing tape. I still have an occasional bug appear and I kill them as they appear. Soon, I will be completely removing everything from my bedroom, ripping out the carpet and installing a tile floor. When I put everything back I will be making sure that it is bug free.