Sheila
Sheila
  • Las Vegas, NV

Looking for a Match!

DebbieGinnyS Shafran
+7

First...looking for another one of these Stanley fliptop buffets circa 1990's. If you have one and want to sell it, let me know! Second, my new home will have warmer maple wood tones. So do I paint my beloved buffet or stain it a bit darker? Can't decide!!!
q looking for a match
  • Johnavallance82

Why not just colour the trims to match in with your new home?
    • Lara Harvey

Start earning £90/hourly for working online from your home for few hours each day... Get regular payment on a weekly basis... All you need a computer, internet connection and a litte free time.. I can say my life is changed-completely for the betterr! Check it out what i do... Best of Luck... http://ow.ly/oyRu30fZUdN
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I wouldn’t do either one. I think the piece is beautiful as is and obviously you do as well. Mixed woods look great together.
  • Anna

Paint the walls, not the furniture.
  • OlyGal

Maybe just strip the top to stain darker and keep the lighter bottom.

• Dawn Carberry

I happen to have the matching China cabinet, top light with glass shelves. Personally, I like mixing wood; I don't really care to have everything match.
  • V Smith

If you come in to a second server it may be a different color or finish. Hold off doing anything to your existing piece until you know what the second one looks like. If it is done in a wood stain you may want to paint it to match yours. When you have a painted piece it is very hard to get it down to virgin wood so that it will accept a stain evenly. The piece you have is very nice hopefully you will find its twin. Painted pieces are always a nice way to have a curated look rather than a suite of the showroom floor. Happy Hunting!
  • S Shafran

Stain it darker warm brown. This color is looking unfinished.
  • Ginny

I would leave it as is. Looks lovely.
  • Debbie

My husband sanded and stained our Stanley massive cocktail table in a warmer brown color and it turned out beautifuly. The grain of the wood can be seen in the finished table so much more than the lighter piece. I have the sofa table that he's going to do next. We bought a Stanley dining room set, bedroom set and other pieces in the 1990s. You could stain the buffet or leave it ligh; it's ultimately your choice Sheila. Good Luck.