DIY Stenciled Farmhouse Bench

$30

I have spent most of summer building furniture and decor to make my new deck a comfortable and beautiful place to relax. My deck adornment projects included a DIY Outdoor Sofa, a DIY outdoor coffee table, a DIY planter, and a front porch sign. The front porch sign has a beautiful stenciled design using a stencil and paint kit from Fusion Paints, and the space on the deck underneath the sign was just screaming for a bench with that same stenciled design on it. So, I built a DIY Farmhouse Bench with the same stenciled design as my sign.
Here are the abbreviated plans for building the bench, for full, detailed plans, please visit the link to my blog at the bottom of this post.

First, I cut the boards for the legs and attached them together using wood glue and exterior wood screws.
Next, I cut the boards to make the frame for the bench and attached those with wood glue and exterior wood screws.
I then cut the frame support boards that fit between the two long boards of the frame and attached those with pocket hole screws and wood glue.
I then painted the legs and frame white using an exterior white paint.

While the paint was drying, I cut the boards for the bench top and then applied a coat of weathered wood accelerator and let them dry.

Once all boards were dry, I attached the four bench top boards to the bench frame using wood glue and exterior wood screws.
Once the top boards were securely attached, I used the stencil and paint kit to add the design on the top of the bench.

Once the paint dried, I added three coats of exterior spar urethane and moved the bench to its final location! I do love how it matches the sign it is sitting under!

• 2x4 boards  (Home Depot)
  • Mandela Stencil Kit  (Fusion Paint)
  • Stain or weathered wood accelerator  (Home Depot)

Pinspired to DIY

1 comment