Jk jauhari
Jk jauhari
  • India

Can claypots be baked in microwave oven? If yes what settings and time

DanCatherine AnspaughNancy Turner

• Nancy Turner

I wouldn't chance it exploding. Clay has a lot of air in it that probably would expand with the heat and may cause it to explode. That is why many types of dishes are not microwave compatible.
  • Catherine Anspaugh

I totally agree with Nancy, I think it would probably explode. I wouldn’t chance it.
  • Dan

I think everyone here is missing the point... It is not the air that you have to worry about as much as it is the amount of IRON that may be hiding in the pots that you have to consider... since iron is conductive and a microwave oven used intense magnetic fields to cause the water molecules in food to vibrate, thus causing heat... it also does the same with iron particles as well, only now you have a conductive element involved as well, which is why ironstone dishes and the like get extremely hot when placed in a microwave oven...