Asked on Oct 19, 2017

Sinking spots on rooftop

Pat RugeNancy Turner


Due to raining season and monsoon, the rooftop near swimming pool in my condo has been sinking with spots. Can plant false weed or install barrisol?
2 answers
  • Nancy Turner
    on Oct 19, 2017

    I would check with the condo association to see if they know how to repair this before it gets worse. They may have insurance on the building for these things, it may be under the builders warranty, or your condo insurance may cover. It sounds like the builders didn't do a very good job with the problems you are having.
  • Pat Ruge
    on Oct 22, 2017

    Your HOA fees are meant to take care of anything on the exterior of the building - that means ANYTHING on the exterior. If you involve yourself, you could be held financially responsible and if need be the HOA can actually put a lien on your property. Your involvement should be to attend the HOA meeting, bring the problem to their attention and ask for it to be resolved. Period. Whether its the builder's fault, whether they have the insurance or need simply to take it out of the monthly fees they collect to resolve is up to the HOA to do it. Occasionally, the HOA needs to make a "special assessment" to all homeowners to help bear the cost. This is a last resort.
Your comment...