How can I remove white paint from red bricks on house exterior?

Linda SikutB. EnneJanet Pizaro
+5

• Lynn Frazel Flaherty

power washing

• Amanda

Try power washing!! Good luck!
  • Eleanor Korf

You will probably need to either hire someone to do the work, or rent or buy a sand blaster to get the paint off. If you don't mind having some of the paint left on the house for an "antique" look you might be able to use a paint remover (ask at a paint store or DIY store what products to use). Unless you plan on hiring someone plan on using a LOT of elbow grease.
  • Big lulu

Yes, sand blast.
    JUst a guess but you will never get the paint off with paint remover.
  • Lisa S.

If it is just a little bit, use sandpaper.
  • B. Enne

I agree power wash first. If that doesn't work call a pro. You wouldn't want to damage your brick and have it crumble.
  • Linda Sikut

I agree with B Enne. If the power washing doesn't work, call a pro. We had to have some brick that crumbled due to age (we think) fixed and it was not cheap at all. They did about 1/2 of the outside part of our large brick fireplace. Now we have brick in two colors. They are close, but you can definitely tell where the older brick stops and the new brick begins. [sigh]

Good luck!