Ga Tonie
Ga Tonie
  • South Bend, IN

I have a lots of mushrooms in my yard.what can I do to make go away?

Janet PizaroDesertRoseSharon
+5

Mushrooms a re fungus created from to mush moisture. Apply a granular fungus control
    • Ga Tonie

Thank you Janet Pizaro,for your help. Do I have to apply now,or next year?
  • Janet Panos

Hello! Here is information that will help you understand why mushrooms are growing in your lawn and what you can do to reduce their number:

• Pgl

Mushrooms need moisture and something to feed from. Have you cut down a tree in the last 7 years as the roots decay mushrooms take hold. It will help if you aerate your lawn. The best thing to do is to call your county agricultural extension agent . Be careful often the cure causes more problems than letting nature take it's course.
  • Ngs31265230

Mushrooms are a fungus of origin. Get some recommendations for a product from Cooperative Extension Service in your county (every county has this free service). Often Dolomitic Lime will do the trick, but doing a soil test first may be needed - a free service, usually, again done by CES. The pH can be done in their office, as a rule.
  • Sharon

Improve drainage by aerating the soil, remove thatch in the grass, dead leaves, old wood..... http://www.weekendgardener.net/plant-diseases/mushrooms-090809.htm
  • DesertRose

Install French Drains to get the excess water off the yard.

Apply the fungicide now