Lou
Lou
  • Desoto, TX

Stain proof new dining room chairs

LouBobbi LivelyDfm
+4

My wife decided she wanted to step up the look of our same eating area by buying fabric upholstered chairs. I must admit they are lovely. We are both concerned about stains.

Please suggest ways and products to stain proof our four new fabric upholstered chairs.

q stain proof new dining room chairs
  • Gol10482370

I used scotchguard. It helps, but nothing is 100% so I bought enough fabric to be able to to-do a chair just in case.
  • Inetia

Scotchgard is a spray-on product for upholstery that coats the fabric to make it stain resistant. It waterproofs the fabric so you have time to clean spills before they are absorbed. Thompson's Water Seal also makes a product for fabric.
  • Inetia

Scotchguard is a sealant that make the fabric waterproof so you have time to clean spills before they soak in Thompson's Water Seal also makes a fabric seal.
  • Ebbjdl

Their beautiful, try Scotch Guard
  • Dfm

there are silicon based water proofing product for tents. They spray on, repel moisture.
  • Bobbi Lively

I uses scotchguard on my chairs and they have held up nicely. I would reapply once a year or after you have had to clean a spill. Also, when you know you are gong to have a messy eater visiting, you could always put a towel on the chair seat.
  • Lou

Thanks everyone!