Thrift Store Picture Recycled Into Faux Stain Glass Painted Art

I purchased a $3.00 16x20 framed picture at a thrift store. I removed the backing and print inside. I cleaned the glass and used as the canvas for this piece of art. Using stain glass paint I created this Under the Sea piece. I glued the glass to the frame with hot glue gun. The glue was covered with the same paint. When dry the glued edge looks like part of the painting.
$3.00 thrift store find turned into Faux stain glass art. Under the Sea

• KAREN P

Here is some of my paintings on glass and plexiglass. In my opinion,plexiglass is better because it's lighter and the paint adheres so much better. If you have no picture frames, holes can be drilled in the plexi and just add some pretty cording to hang. I also like to spray a clear sealer(waterproof) after the curing,as anybody else who does this kind of craft,knows that you can't clean them with anything wet. All you need is a damp cloth to clean.

thrift store picture recycled into faux stain glass painted art, crafts, repurposing upcycling, this one is done with our last name initial and the wine bottle has the date of family establishment as the year the wine was madethrift store picture recycled into faux stain glass painted art, crafts, repurposing upcycling, fluer de listhrift store picture recycled into faux stain glass painted art, crafts, repurposing upcycling, peacock table topthrift store picture recycled into faux stain glass painted art, crafts, repurposing upcycling, roman garden
    • Pam

@KAREN P Do you place these outdoors or know if you can paint glass that is exposed to the outdoor elements??

• Bobbi Perreault

Nice! Thanks for posting.