What is the best way to get lipstick out of clothing?

Lac27962358BethKay
+3

I made a mistake and washed & dried my laundry with lipstick in my pocket. I rewashed my clothes but the lipstick stains still aren't coming out. What should I do???

• 27524803

Some lipsticks are petroleum based.. you can try spraying the spot with WD40 and letting it sit over night, then wash, but do not machine dry.. check the stain... may be an oily stain now... treat with dawn dish soap and let set again and wash again, check to see if gone and dry.. I hope this works... but it is worth a try and it might save a garment that is ruined as it is now.
  • Sam

If it is on your husband's shirt and is not your's ask him to return it and save your time

• Kay

Check with a dry cleaner, to konw the right product to use first! I know Lipstick can be removed, but can't quite remember the axact chemical used. I do know you can try Pink or Gold vanish stain remover on things like this, as this, needs an ezine type soaker. Mix a little in a past, and apply to the stain, leave 5-10 mins approx, then rub the stain and rince off. You may need to repeat this process. Good luck! Kay Adelaide Australia
  • Beth

My daughter got me using Dreft stain remover, in comes in a spray bottle and I have gotten grease stains out of clothes, even after they had been washed and dried before, worth a try. Yes, it is the same Dreft product used on baby clothes.
  • Lac27962358

You can try: Douse with hair spray, then rub hard with a bar of hand or laundry soap. It has worked for me - only on collars of white shirts - don't ask questions on how it got there  Sue