How would you cover a well cap in a flower garden?

LynnNancy WilsonRandal
+9

q how would you cover a well cap in a flower garden
  • Karen Tokarse

Get a BIG resin planter, cut out the bottom so it will fit OVER the well cap, fill with potting soil and plant seasonal flowers to obscure the well cap.
  • Amanda

Hi Karen. I purchased a fake hollow rock to put over ours.
  • Katie Marie

build a removable fairy house to set over it.
  • Roxaneg

Put a big old gnome over mine. Cut out his bottom and slid him over.
  • Mac8173317

I assume this is a water well. With my well, I just removed the lid and set a curved, fluted cement birdbath top on it-- heavy enough to not blow off and covers to protect--and pretty, And I watch birds play too. Been there 30+ yrs,
  • Darlene

I have seen vintage milk cans (metal) cut off and placed over top of the well casing. One I saw was cut at an angle to accommodate a sloping landscape and still stand straight.
  • Fiddledd224

Paint a turtle or ladybug on it
  • Rositap62

First is it a functioning well? Also where do you live? There are several things you can do ! If it's a functional well then you can still have flowers but always keep in mind you'll have to plan on leaving an opening for excess to excess the well. If it's not functioning you could have a water and flower area.
  • Randal

Put some stones around it to where it is higher tan the top, and then place a bird bath top on the top of the surrounding stones, kill too bird with one stone. . pun intended. Hope this helps.
  • Nancy Wilson

Check your town's ordinances on covering any well.

• Lynn

Plant some Nasturtium seeds in the soil around the cap and they will grow down around the well. Then u can eat the flowers in a salad.