Good morning. Can you paint over chrome lighting fixtures in a bathroo

Jeanne MartinSusan FrankPeg Meehan
+7

• Mht7531143

Sure. Real fine sand paper, lightly sand Buy Rust-Oleum paint spray 2 light coats. Should turn out nice

yes remove the fixture and clean ,Spray paint them with Rustoleums 2X for metal giving two light coats allowing to dry in between
  • Sni31250620

If they are made of metal, you could probably use a good spray paint - Rustoleum or Krylon - and I'd probably go with a 'high-temp' type paint to lessen the chance of the paint drying out from the heat of the lights. You can get a better variety of colors in the high-temp paints nowadays.
    • Dbr30385450

Good to know, "high temp". I probably will try a couple different types on a toilet paper fixture to see what looks best before I go for the light which is much bigger.
  • Susan

I believe Rustoleum has a paint for this
  • Peg Meehan

I have done this in bath and they look great and have held up fine!!
  • Susan Frank

Try decorative spray paint for metals. We did this in our girls bathroom. Worked great. Just have to take all parts apart and spray separately.
  • Jeanne Martin

Yes, if you use a primer first. Rustoleum makes a great one that guarantees that anything will stick to it after you paint your item with it first. It says it works on any surface, such as plastic, metal, wood, glass, etc. This stuff has been a lifesaver for me and I just love it!