How should I hang the drapes?

SharonBarbEmily
+9

I only want drapes to hang on both sides of the windowa for decorative purpose only. What color drapes should I use with this wall color and should I use a full length rod or just two short rods on each end? Plus anything else you may sugges.
  • Nancy Turner

If you are planning on using a valance you could do it either way, if not, it would be better to just put on each window.
  • Fiddledd224

I would buy drapes that have a bit of the wall color PLUS another color or two that pick up another color elsewhere in the room (from a pillow, sofa, another accessory) which will tie everything together... and would use a short rod on each window.
  • Amanda

Hi Lucy. If you want the look of one big window I would use one curtain rod. Using 2 may make a gap between the rods and windows where the brackets would be which will not give you a continuous look when closed. I think a reddish would be a nice color to contrast your furniture and the brick.
  • Shelly

You could also use a couple of decorative tie backs to hang panels on each end.
  • SandyG

Use one rod across the top of both windows and it will open up the window and the wall space. You have it appears several solid pieces of natural color furniture so it would be a good time bring in a print that picks up the color already in the room, keeping the main background color of the drapery light. It's a gorgeous space already. Good luck with your drapery idea.
  • Elizabeth

I would use one rod and hang beautiful white or cream sheer curtains on each end from ceiling to floor. You could Puddle them on the bottom. Throw some white or cream pillows on the sofa. Vola!
  • Cheryl

I would use one rod, creame color draping with some sort of gold or copper etching in the material, like a brocade.
  • Midwest Gal

I too would use one long rod which would have a bracket in the middle. I would hang as high as you can. Above the little rectangle windows. Leave about 4 inches from ceiling. I like the rust/red curtain idea to bring the brick color into the room. Then you need a pill or two to match that color on your couch.
    love the room by the way!
  • Emily

The thing with what you want to do is this: even though you do not want to draw the curtains/draperies closed, they actually should have enough fabric to do so. I recommend a lovely nubby textured white fabric.
  • Barb

I have two thoughts on your project the first photo below will really warm up and add a lot of detail to your living area and the second would add shutter to match the other window on the brick wall to the left in your picture.