What supplies do I need to repair leaky roof?

Lisa S.KimPeg
+2

• Roxaneg

It depends on the roof material. https://www.wikihow.com/Repair-a-Leaking-Roof
  • Ebbjdl

Where on the roof is the leak coming from? You have to patch it inside first, in the attic. The roof you might need a new strip of plywood, plus a shingled or two. I'd call a roofer, to make sure the job is done right
  • Kim

This is a tricky question! It depends on several things.
    How long has your roof been leaking? There could be damage to the sheeting that needs addressed.
    What type of roofing do you have?
    If you have a shingle roof the Shingles can be replaced fairly easily using new shingles and roofing nails. You need to continue the overlapping pattern or you will have leaks. If it’s near flashing or valleys you should probably get someone who has done roofing to help.
    I hope that makes sense and helps!
    : )

• Lisa S.

Also check to see what is causing the water. Sometimes it is rain gutters that have not been cleaned out. And it really is not the roof at all.