Asked on Oct 21, 2017

My kitchen has the ugliest counter tops. How can I update them?

FlipturnV SmithJenCH


They are granite

5 answers
  • Janet Pizaro
    on Oct 21, 2017

    You can use Rustoleum or Gianni countertop kits
  • Ebbjdl
    on Oct 21, 2017

    Start by going to a large store, Homedepot or Lowe's paint department, where they have kits to cover countertops with such things as glaze or paint that you either paint on or roll on. There are many different colors and styles to choose from.
  • JenCH
    on Oct 21, 2017

    I purchased removable peel and stick contact paper (granite looking) and Permanent clear contact paper. First i covered counter top with the removable peel and stick contact paper then put the clear permanent contact paper on top of it. If i ever want to change it, i can pull it right up with no problem. (Haven't done the backsplash yet)
  • V Smith
    on Oct 21, 2017

    I am not a fan of granite, but the rest of the world seems to be stuck there. If you have considered replacing it perhaps you could sell what is in your home now. You may be able to get good info from a granite supply business.
  • Flipturn
    on Oct 22, 2017

    Do not put mac-tac style peel and stick contact paper on your kitchen counter tops, or anywhere there is food.

    Contrary to the current fad, it is neither permanent or easy to remove.

    This paper is also not durable enough to withstand normal kitchen use without getting hairline cracks and minute holes. As the edges are not sealed to be water-proof, food particles and dirt will soon get under the paper harbouring bacterium and inviting them to keep growing.
Your comment...