Best way to grow new Wisteria.

Pgu6962882Karen TokarseLeisa Yeager
+3

My daughter has Wisteria. I would love to take a cutting. Can anyone explain to me the best time to do this would be and the procedure needed to get it to grow?
Thanks.

• Alanna

Thanks so much Janet. I cannot wait for spring.! This was a very well written article.
  • Leisa Yeager

They produce a seed pod every year..take the seeds out dry them then plant....I have made a tree out of mine...very high maintenance..but they bloom all summer..I live in Charleston, SC.
  • Karen Tokarse

Wisteria is very aggressive. Unless you have the time and energy to keep it under control, I would suggest rethinking planting Wisteria.
  • Pgu6962882

Be careful where you put it.....they are very invasive...I have seen them send out runners and go under siding and pop it...also roots will send out runners and if they get big enough they will lift up whatever is on top. With their beauty comes an evil side.
    • Vynelle Coggins

They are so pretty but if you don't have time to keep it cut back and runners cut off and pulled up...don't get this plant! It's beautiful, but a devil to keep up with. This is not a once a year plant to keep up with.