Longeye71@yahoo
Longeye71@yahoo
  • Green Valley, AZ

Can I paint a tile floor.?

Hillela G.FlipturnAlecia Hartman
+2

what is it made of vinyl,ceramic????
  • Ebbjdl

I don't think it's a good idea. There are many reasons, too numerous to mention. You could tile a tile floor, but you'll have to raise the molding for the tile to fit underneath. If you paint the floor, the paint will come out uneven or one painted tile might get more traffic than the others. This will be an uneven colored floor.
  • Alecia Hartman

I painted one of my bathroom floors and it has held up well. I scrubbed it and lightly sanded to prep, before using a primer. To paint, I used a an epoxy, rolling it on with a foam roller. When painting tile, keep in mind that you have the grout. Unless you choose to hand paint it in a different color after, the floor will be completely uniform. If your really crafty, you can use a stencil to add a pattern!
  • Flipturn

What is the present finish on the tiles? Is it glossy and shiny, or is it uneven and more porous? What you are starting with will make a huge difference in how the "new" might look, and what expectations are reasonable.