My stairs are dark at the bottom floor. How can I light them?

PamWalter BercarichLonny Reever
+3

• Ebbjdl

There are motion detectors that you can put on the stairs, that as you take each step the light will come on, so you can see where your stepping. You can purchase them in a store like Homedepot or Lowe's.
  • SandyG

The motion lights can also be attached to side wall of stairs.
  • Lonny Reever

I put LED Light strip on the under side of my Hand railing. Ran wiring thru wall from basement,where power and dimmer are located, drilled hole thru railing return and pulled wire to wall. I added a switch to box where ceiling light switch was and pulled wire to basement and to power supply . Worked great and you can control brightest by dimmer. Was not very expensive to do . You just need to be able to pull wiring thru wall.
  • Walter Bercarich

Well, can you put a ceiling light? That would give you plenty of light on the stairs.
  • Pam

Use under cupboard strip lighting which has self adhesive backing and can be linked together. Available on eBay. Very cheap.