Shower head location

Bobbi taylorCathy DillonStevan
+8

I live in an old art deco apartment. Shower head comes out of the wall (not the ceiling) in the middle of the tub, instead of one end. Too expensive to have shower head moved to end. Any suggestions of how I can attach a new shower head with hose that can be extended to end of tub and attached on wall? Thanks!
  • Cathy Dillon

I think you can purchase something like a shower wand and perhaps install a bracket to hold it? The idea i am talking about would be a flexible tube for the water from existing ...connected to the new shower wand ......and held where you want it by a newly installed bracket ( just a holder).
  • Gonzalez-Moreno Samuel

Home center can help you. See it in the internet, there is one that the tube goes up and the head is up.
    • Bobbi taylor

Thanks. I never heard of Home Center and just now looked up on line. Great suggestion. Thanks.

• Honey

look into handheld..
  • Big lulu

They make the shower attachments with a long hose and a wall bracket to hold it on the wall instead of on the shower pipe.
  • Stevan

Hi Bobbi,
    I am a retro fit king down here in Hawaii where we have to be very resourceful to save money on repairs and replacements.
    You have to realize one thing: Your point of connection for whatever you end up purchasing is the threaded pipe coming out of the wall that currently has your shower head screwed into. Give it a try to crack that seal and unscrew the existing shower head. If you can do that, then you are halfway home.

The list of now attachable configurations is fairly robust.

Here are my two favorites.

, This system head screws onto your existing pipe coming out of the wall and then requires that you bolt the vertical bar that holds the shower wand into your tile wall not too hard to do if you are handy, This system you just screw onto your pipe and get wet remember to buy a little roll of pipe thread tape 89 to seal your threads Go to your local Home Depot or Lowes to find these and more
  • Bobbi taylor

Wow - you are terrific. Wonderful solution and I appreciate your photos. Thanks so much.
  • Bobbi taylor

What an easy solution! I didn't know this existed. Thanks so much.
  • Cathy Dillon

Plumbing is not my thing.. do follow up with expert advice! Also the new bracket might be sufficient with a rubber suction cup style thing. Good luck!!
  • Bobbi taylor

You're right Cathy. I found a shower head with a long hose that will attach to the wall with a suction cup!