Any suggestions for a dog proof ( he’s a chewer) hall storage cabine

KathyyMarieJohnavallance82
+8

A shelf or anything to put away the shoes in that‘s not too large (small hallway) . I am willing to buy or build.

• Michael Affronte

product at pet store or supply "Apple Bitter"
  • Big lulu

Metal cabinet.
  • Genie

Maybe your dog needs more chew toys or rawhide "bones". Personally, I wouldn't put up with a dog who destroys my property (which is probably one of the reasons I don't have one). And more exercise.
  • Bijous

Dogs chews because they're bored. If any dog is not walked/exercised, given a job, or played with enough, they will find ways to entertain themselves and it can be destructive (much like kids). After training your dog by giving him a good walk/workout, give him a chew bone and you can have a wooden cabinet without a problem.
    • Cheryl
      Just now

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, OP.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.

• Randal

I have heard that if you put a little hot sauce on the area, he will stop going there and chewing. Haven't tried it myself, but it may work for you, and it will not harm your dog, just get him a bowl of water near by lol
  • Marie

Thanks for all the great suggestions. He is a large rescue dog that has anxiety issues. We are definitely trying some of them. Meanwhile, I am hoping for a closed cabinet or unit that I can make or buy to put in the shoes I need out of harm’s way. I need something that takes up minimal space
  • Joye R. Foster

I tried hot sauce on white painted woodwork, but it stained it orange.

• Johnavallance82

Buy a dog muzzle...........
  • Marie

I need something that will allow us to leave him for a period of time. I assume you’re jesting about a muzzle for an extended period of time.
    i am looking for some plans or designs for a closed cupboard/cabinet that would fit a small space and keep the shoes out of harm’s way.
  • Kathyy

Ana White has a shoe dresser on her website. I made one up and it's awesome. It is a shallow tip out drawer or drawers you decide how wide it is. Or see Ikea, they have lots of great looking shoe drawers in various depths and widths.