Asked on Oct 21, 2017

How do I replace wood grain color to plastic insets in 2 end table?

Marti ParksJohnavallance82Ebbjdl


2 end tables have 4 plastic decorative insets in top with glass over each, but I have had them for 37 years. The color has faded with cleaning and age.

5 answers
  • Bijous
    on Oct 21, 2017

    If there's space between the insert and glass top, I don't think I'd replace. I'd cover. You can use anything you want, fabric, wallpaper, stones, old postcards, even dried leaves and flowers. If you don't want to go through all that, you can spray paint the under side of the glass. You can even use mirror spray. It will have an antique look. Give the entire end table an updated look, by painting black, or using a glazing technique. Good luck.
  • Karen Tokarse
    on Oct 21, 2017

    Give it another thorough sanding, cleaning, etc. Then stain.
  • Ebbjdl
    on Oct 21, 2017

    Sand them, then stain it with a good varnish.
  • Johnavallance82
    on Oct 21, 2017

    Liquid Shoe Polish.
  • Marti Parks
    on Oct 21, 2017

    They make contac paper that has wood grain look. Just cut and stick and put the glass back on. An easy inexpensive fix.
Your comment...