I'M disabled so what plants are low maintenance in Oregon.

Hillela G.29207681Sharon
+2

I have a deck and chose river rock over grass so I hang plants on the fence or on pots. I'm plan on planting more flowers by using my water fountain this spring to add more color to my back yard. Sorry that I can't get out to get a photo today. Thank you for your help.

succulents
  • Sharon

I am in Oregon too, and I stick to flowering scrubs like rhododendrons, azeleas, hardy fuschias, lilac, butterfly bushes, camelias, hydrangeas.... fertilize, and prune once or twice a year, least there is no bending over.
  • 29207681

i'm also disabled, so I can sympathize. I always try to think small, if I don't everything gets away from me. I just can't keep up with it if it is too big of an area. Some of my favorites for impact are "shrub roses" or "knockouts" I've heard them called both names, or as my husband calls them,"Your knocked up roses." All I do is dead head them occasionally and prune back some of the longer growth in the fall, other than that, they are on their own. And they bloom like crazy from spring until frost! Another fave is Russian Sage, the only thing I know that will hamper their growth is too much shade. They love it hot and dry and once established the weeds can't compete. They make a nice informal hedge with their gray green foliage and purple spiked flowers. I cut back some of the taller spikes in the fall, but not many, they look pretty in the winter too! Good luck to you!!! I always feel better about life in general when I walk outside and see flowers blooming! I just wish I could plant more and take care of it all. I hope your yard looks fabulous next spring!!!!!!!!!
  • Hillela G.

Hydrangeas, succulents