Are there any fast and easier ways to paint window and door trims,

DfmSharonChubby58
+3

I am painting mine from the 50s blonde wood to white,I have a way to go yet,

• Peter

When painting a multi pane window... just apin the mullions and don't worry about the glass.. then get a razor blade and scrape the glass clean.
    There's more to this method and countless ways to descibe it... You Tube would be a good source.
  • Sandra Allen

The best advice I can give you is this. Use a small paint brush to put some petroleum jelly on the glass. It's easy to apply, clean, and the paint won't stick.
  • Lisa Hall Smith

prep is everything...I know it takes longer to mask things off with tape (frog tape is the only tape I'll use...I've tried them all), but you can paint much faster knowing that clean up will be super fast, just pulling the tape off. You either add the time on the front end or back end.

• Chubby58

I agree with Lisa. Prep is the hard part, painting is the easy. Make sure all surfaces are clean and dry. Tape up anything that you don't want painted and you're set.
  • Sharon

Thanks to all of your good idea!
  • Dfm

i found it was easier to do the trim with a mini paint pad. big box diy had them as a "trim kit" found it near the paint supplies. peter has it right about paint on the glass...leave just about 2mm on the glass to seal the wood