Arlette Twersky
Arlette Twersky
  • Bensalem, PA

I found something inside my attic vent. What is it?

KimCynthia HJoye R. Foster
+7

It looks like three little nests. Wasps? Bird?
Can anyone identify it or tell me how to get rid of it?. I don't see any screws to access the screen. I poked it (smart, I know 😃) and no one seems to be using it at the moment.
q i found something inside my attic vent what is it
  • Jojo

ummm, just curious, what's the difference...i'd just clean it off with a hose....whatever it is. Could be just dirt and dust accumulated with the wind and nothing super dangerous. Whatever it was, they've moved on...;-)
    • Lara Newman

Google pay $97 per hour my last pay check was $4500 working 1o hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 14k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy. .. http://ow.ly/rROu30g4GgB
  • Robyn Garner

It looks like the screen is attached to the ring inside the vent. Try pushing on that to move it. Be careful though - it might be hard to get back in place. I agree it looks like it may be tiny dust devils from the wind lol!
  • Sharon

I would put a box or wastebasket underneath, and use a brush to brush away..... Then I would spray with a good insect repellent. Looks almost like bat guano.... can anything get in from the roof, is there screening around/over the outside vent?
    • Arlette Twersky

Just saw it today. I would have to hire someone to go up and look at the vents on the roof. Haven't seen any critters though ;)
  • Joye R. Foster

Could it be keeping out mice?
  • Cynthia H

How about pressurized air? You might be able to clear the vent with that.
  • Kim

I appears that the picture is taken from inside your attic. I would guess that is a mud dobbers work. Use a fine bristled brush to push through the screen and to brush off.
    To prevent more from coming, I would spray the screen with a Tea-tree essential oil mixed in rubbing alcohol once a month. 10 drops per 1/2 cup.
    : )
    • Arlette Twersky

It looks more crumbly than pictures I found on the web for mud daubers. There do seem to be little round holes in it, though.