Faux wood blinds black out backing has come off, any suggestions

Linda SikutLizShirley Heikkinen
+6

The black out backing has disntergrated and I have vaccumed it off. Should I just rehang or put something else on the back of each slat? Any suggestions?

• Linda Sikut

Here's a tutorial where she turned mini blinds to black out Roman shades. Maybe that would help. I didn't find any think at all about repairing blinds that lost their backing. Maybe someone else will.

• Nancy Flemming

Thank you. Mine are like 2" faux wood slat blinds, but a woven plastic fabric, now the black out has gone, light streams in.
  • Shirley Heikkinen

I would close the blinds then walk outside to see if you like what you see . . . If not, I would look for a fabric, or product you can add to give it a look you do like, and give them the black out quality you bought them for. Good luck.
  • Liz

I bought a single pair of black out curtains and suspended a panel behind my roman shade. I used a spring tension type rod. If I open the shade I just twist the panel into a column to allow for air and light. No tools :)
  • Linda Sikut

I know yours are wider but I was thinking they would work anyway. The thing most people said they did was get black out curtains (Walmart was mentioned) and hang them so they go past the window so light can be let in by pushing them aside. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything about fixing your blinds. Would it work to put back out fabric on the backs of the ones where it's gone?