Hat Storage

$0

Hats come in and out of vogue, and I have gotten rid of a few, only to buy the exact same thing a few years later, which is a big waste of money. So I have vowed to store my hats in a way that keeps them nice, even though I don't wear them very often. (And my straw gardening hats off season.) I saw this idea here on Hometalk, but for purses. Thanks to the original poster, whoever you are! I love it, and adapted it for hats. I hung them inside my bedroom closet, over the door. Easy to reach, but only visible from inside the closet.
Here is the finished project, for you to see. Most of you don't need any more than this to get the idea.
I had a cheap Walmart curtain rod, which fit my area.
And some drapery clips, for the hats.
I used a ruler and my cordless screwdriver, but a manual screwdriver would be fine for those of you who are more coordinated than I am.
The only tip I would mention is that if you have a wide enough curtain rod to go wall-to-wall, your screws will go into the corner studs without having to use a stud-finder. I love my corners for lots of projects, because then studs are a sure-thing. This idea would work for drying wet winter hats too (or lingerie, etc. ) Now go hang up your hats!

• Curtain rod  (Had on hand)
  • Drapery clips  (Had on hand)

• Mary Kay Gaffney

I think I will try this in my closet with a spring loaded shower rod. Thanks.

• Treva Monteith

What a great idea. I have some fancy feathered victorian style hats. This will work gesrbtonhold the without sqishing the up. Thank you