Jennifer
Jennifer
  • Tutorial Team
  • Elizabeth City, NC

"In Case of Zombie Attack" Inspiration for Picture Frame Challenge!!

$0

I wasn't going to make anything for Halloween this year until I saw Kelly Loe's project - "In case of zombie attack" sign on the side of her garage with different types of tools hanging under it- I loved it but I don't have a garage or really anything that large I could use to put a sign of that size on so I thought I would ask our tutorial group for some suggestions when a light bulb in my head all of a
in case of zombie attack inspiration for picture frame challenge
I started with a display type frame with glass. At first I was going to paint the words but no need when you have a black sharpie marker ( med.) and a stencil of letters. I love easy!
I would normally use my measure mat but it is in use right now with another project sitting on top of it and I'm out of graph paper... so I used a placemat to make straight lines across the glass!
Did you know when you use a permanent marker on glass and make a smear or mistake you can get it off with alcohol and a tissue and a Q-tip is great for getting in between tight spaces like letters in a word! Back to the project... I tried a few different fonts and sizes for the lettering and went with a basic font. Super simple! Lettering finished!
I painted the backboard of the frame white.
I added the knife. I used some double sided tape and FAILED!! Tape wasn't strong enough to hold the knife mainly because it is a real buck knife and has some weight to it, so I used a little bit of hot glue to hold it on the backboard. Since it is so late in the season and I'm only keeping the display inside the house it will work but next year I will look for a plastic dagger or something cool but plastic! Then I will put it outside with the rest of the Halloween decor! 
Well that's it I'm finished!Thanks Kelly for your awesome sign and the inspiration to make my own zombie sign! I love all comments and questions! Thanks for looking!

• River

No kidding, maybe more than one!  You're welcome Jennifer, Happy Halloween to you too!

• Barb

As a HUGE fan of TWD, I couldn't love your project more!!!