Asked on Oct 22, 2017

Washerless faucet fix- can it be fixed?

Smittie22WilliamMike Ramsey


We have washer less facets in bathroom and kitchen and both have started to drip. Can they be fixed, if so how? Thanks for and input.

3 answers
  • Mike Ramsey
    on Oct 22, 2017

    Who made them? Moen, Delta?
  • William
    on Oct 22, 2017

    You would need to remove and replace the cartridges. You don't mention the brand, whether single or double handle. Do a Google search on the brand, model of your faucet for instructions on removing the cartridges.
  • Smittie22
    on Oct 22, 2017

    yes😂 It depends on the age of your home. Some faucets just need new washers. However u probably need to go to Home Depot oryour neighborhood small hardwood store. Get some plumber's thread. You will need to wrap then replace the nut - possibly. Use that time to scrub off scum. It will be as good as new. U r going to need the proper tools to take the screws off. -- Maralyn "Smittie" Lewis. PS To be safe, turn off the water sources in your house unless you have added turn off valves going directly to the area you are fixing - 😫- or u will have A WET MESS!
Your comment...