Three Super Easy No Sew Pillows

$7

Everyone loves pillows but they are soooo expensive. Here are three ideas to make your own pillows without sewing.
For our first idea, we’ll cover an existing pillow with holiday fabric.
Using an 18” pillow - which is what I used - you need a 48” square piece of fabric.
Begin by laying your holiday fabric in a diamond shape.
Place your pillow in the middle of the fabric.
Fold the right side over the pillow.
Fold the left side over the pillow (yellow arrow)
Turn the pillow
On the right side, fold the fabric in to the middle of the side piece (red arrows)
Repeat this step on left side (red arrows)
Fold the right and left side into the middle (white arrows)
Tie ends in a knot.
There you have a pillow that can be changed with the holidays/seasons.
The second pillow we’ll make is an envelope pillow.
Using an 18” pillow, you’ll need a piece of cotton fabric 23”x 43”
Lay the fabric out then fold the right edge to the middle of the fabric (red arrow)
Fold the left edge 4” past the middle (green arrow)
Using fabric adhesive, glue the edges together (yellow lines)
Allow to dry at least 2 hours.
Once the glue is dry, turn the fabric right side out and insert the pillow form.
I decorated my pillow by hot gluing buttons to the front. With this blank surface, the possibilities are endless in way to decorate your pillow.
Our third pillow is a knot pillow.
You will need a piece of 72” knit fabric (or something with stretch)
Measure and cut two pieces that are 7” x 72”
Glue the long edges together using fabric adhesive and allow to dry.
Once the glue has dried:
1 - Using a cardboard tube from a paper towel roll, insert the fabric into the inside of the tube on one end (yellow arrow), slowly pull it out the other end and lap it over the top of the tube (blue arrow)Continue to pull the fabric until it is on the outside of the tube (your fabric is now right side out
2 - Pull one end off of the tube, cut a slit in the fabric and tie in a knot
3 - With the rest of the fabric on the tube, begin to add stuffing into the tube, pushing it down into the fabric using a pole or a dowel.
Once your fabric is completely stuffed, cut a slit in the other end and knot. You should have a “snake” of fabric.
Repeat this process with both pieces of fabric.
Now we make the pillow. Using one piece of the filled fabric, lay the snake on your work surface.
1-form a loop bringing the right end over the left end.
2-make a pretzel shape by making a loop with the right piece bringing it under the left loop
3-place the right end under the left end
4-bring the right end over the loop and down
5-continue to weave the right end through the loops
6-pull both ends tightening up your knot

Take the 2nd piece of stuffed fabric (snake) and repeat the process following the first piece of filled fabric.
And there’s your knot pillow.
Three quick, easy no sew pillows for you to use in your own home.

• Mes

I am looking for some easy way to recover 2 couch cushions that my dog ripped the fabric on. the cushions are like 3 inches high so I cant really use pillow idea but would love something simple like that. Any ideas?

• Daisy

When I am thrifting, I often stop at St. Vincent de Paul's which took the place of our Salvation Army. I miss our Salvation Army but St. Vincent's always has 3XL to 5XL men's t-shirts usually sorted by color, in great shape & often for .25 cents to $1.00. I stock up on my favorite colors. Not just blue & brown either. Walmart has ultimate brights in men's t's but I try to save & at St. Vincent's. I love my "Jersey" (t-shirt material sheets) & have used t-shirt material for everything including my older Jersey sheets. My new sewing machine disappeared during my last move. My hands don't allow sewing too much anymore but I can fabric glue, fabric adhesive spray, hot glue with the best of them! Close up the neck line & the bottom, tie the sleeves or cut them off - or just cut the t-shirts apart & reuse the material. I love working with t-shirt material because it is tough & versatile. I'm not a very good "craft person" but I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks here. Yeah!

• Eva Ely

How much fabric would you need if you have 12 inch pillows?

• Kelly

Love the knot pillow. Really cool idea!

• Rachael

I love the knot pillow! Super cute and way cheaper than buying one at a store. I have so much fabric laying around, this would be awesome gifts!

• Lisa Mosseri Kanarek

Love the button pillow