Eileen Crosby
Eileen Crosby
  • Wales, WI

Has anyone successfully used Giani Granite countertop paint?

Lisa BarnesPatty McDonald HaasDianne Bowers Turner

Faux granite countertop paint- Has anyone successfully used Giani Granite countertop paint? If so, how has it held up?

• Dianne Bowers Turner

I'm a REALTOR and showed a house where the owner had used one of these kits, to a client. In photos it looked good but in person it felt rough and looked like someone had painted the countertops.
  • Patty McDonald Haas

I used it 2 years ago, looked good but needs touch up along heavily used edges. Strongly suggest using several layers of finish.
  • Lisa Barnes

I've used it twice. I used it on a rental with regular depth countertops and it has held up great for over 6 years. I used is on my own countertops that didn't hold up as well. When I did the wider island on my countertops, I didn't get the top coat on very well because it was so wide (did a lot of running around my counter at the time LOL). It did peel off in the areas of the counter where we sat everyday. I would definitely use the product again, but the top coat is very, very important to get right. If you have a wide spot like I had, I would suggest having 2 people working on it when applying the top coat. It is a lot of fun to create a new look to a counter!