Jackie
Jackie
  • Irmo, SC

Why won't my house plants grow?

Fiddledd224JudyEbbjdl
+4

what plants in particular?
    • Jackie

It does not matter what plant I buy it dies after a few weeks
  • Christina Yates

Are you over/under watering? Are they in the wrong place? too much sun, not enough light? Which plants do you have? Try a spider plant it is almost impossible to kill off, I don't know the botanical name sorry.
  • Ebbjdl

Start with the question, do you give it enough water? Do you give it too much water, this causes root rot. Do these plants need a lot of sun? I would move them to different parts of the house and see how they do. Move them again, somewhere else, and see if that helps. Check the water by pressing on the dirt to see if it's moist, if it is, don't water it.
  • Judy

Plants need food... I have found the most effective plant food is this: take your used egg shells, squish them in your hand and put them in a tightly covered plastic pitcher. The sulfur and nutrients from the shells are absorbed into the water. Then, water your plants with the (stinky!) stuff. Fill the water back up and let it get 'enriched' again. By the time you are ready to water next week, the solution is good to go.
  • Fiddledd224

Most likely you are either not giving the correct amount of water and sunlight. Research your plants and follow the directions exactly.