Should I put a pergola over my existing deck or build 1 3 season room

Hillela G.Fiddledd224Judy
+2

We have a southeast exposure so we have used awnings & now a sun shade. cost is a big factor, but I would love to use the area all yr. round. We have a ranch with a low roof, so the sun room would have to be a flat roof. We would have to probably have to contract out the exterior ( at least) of the sunroom, but maybe not the pergola.

• Roxaneg

I think the sunroom adds more value as you get more square footage and a room that can be used all year. Look into companies that build sunrooms-- you don't have to go with them, but they might have some designs that might work well with a ranch.

With that is the cost-- a pergola is cheaper. Have you considered a gazebo?
  • Johnavallance82

Why not get a price for doing the work from a Contractor and see what ideas he has and what price he quotes. Then decide what to do........
  • Judy

I added a 3-season room to my home and it became the most used room in the house! Really added to resale value too. I doubt a pergola will give you these benefits.
  • Fiddledd224

For cost alone I think a pergola would be fantastic. You can use fabric or natural plants woven in the slats for privacy and shade and YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR MIND without the extreme cost of a four seasons room.
  • Hillela G.

I really love 3 season rooms