Small Laundry Room DIY Ideas

$300

We recently built a laundry room in our basement and did all the work ourselves on a limited budget. Here are some tips on how to save money and make the most of a small laundry room space.
This is a shot of when we first started framing the laundry room. Previously, I had to share my laundry area with my hubby's workshop.
We DIY'ed the sliding barn style door we made using a slab and hardware purchased at a local Salvage store.
We purchased an inexpensive laundry sink. It is so convenient to wash out paint brushes and clean up after working in the yard. I installed a chrome towel hanger on the wall to hold a hand towel, that I had from a DIY conference. ( I also utilized a wicker laundry basket that we were not using since one of the handles was broken, but it works fine in this space, since I won't be carrying it anywhere. 
We found this cabinet at the Restore for $17 and I repainted it, added trim< and a new knob. I also Diy'ed the sock holder and "wash & fold" sign on the wall out of suplies I already had on hand.
The floating shelf was a $4 Goodwill find that I painted and the rug was $10 from Home Depot. We installed the vinyl plank flooring our selves and the wall paint was leftover from another project.

This just goes to show, you do not have to spend a lot of money to have a beautiful space!

• Vinyl planks  (Lumber liquidators)
  • Laundry Sink  (Home Depot)

25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous