Jeanette O'Meara
Jeanette O'Meara
  • Plano, TX

How can I remove a stuck on rubber bath mat from my tub?

KenGilda C. McLambJeanette O'Meara
+6

try Wd 40
  • Charlene Grider

have you tried pouring baby oil in the tub so it will go up under it ..?...I would close the drain and try it but let it set for a little while
  • Ken

The baby oil is a great suggestion. But if it is not successful can you let us know if this is an acrylic, steel, or cast iron tub? That's really important so we know if we can recommend the nuclear option.
  • 27524803

WD 40 spray ed on will mobilize the glue, let it set and clean will with Dawn soap to remove the oiliness and rinse REALLY well

Use something plastic like a credit card and lift a corner. Use Goo Gone or WD40 under the corner and gently pull up spraying WD40 or dabbing with Goo Gone ( letting it sit for a while) as you pull it off.
  • Jeanette O'Meara

Thanks to everyone for your answer!
    JKO
  • Gilda C. McLamb

I'm not sure about that ..but..after each use hang it up to dry so you don't have this problem again. Good luck.

• Ken

Got a refrigerator magnet? See if it sticks anywhere on the tub. If it does you have porcelain covered steel or cast iron. If not, acrylic tubs require more gentle handling in case our suggestions don't do the job. Have you tried the baby oil or WD-40?