Asked on Oct 23, 2017

Filling the grooves between the boards on a mock plank dining table

9530106A Crafty Mix - MichelleJanet Pizaro


I love tge look of the planks, but the grooves are driving me crazy. What's a good (inexpensive) way to fill these in witgout losing that plank look?

5 answers
  • BevTexas
    on Oct 23, 2017

    I haven't done anything like this, but I remember my mother using something called wood putty or wood filler for deep scratches in furniture. It comes in different colors for different types of wood.
  • Bijous
    on Oct 23, 2017

    I would have a professional lacquer finish put on the table. If that's not an option, use clear silicon caulk. Good luck.
  • Janet Pizaro
    on Oct 23, 2017

    there are wood putts that you can match to your color needs.they will have to dry and then you will lightly sand
  • A Crafty Mix - Michelle
    on Oct 24, 2017

    Resin would work. It would level it out but you'll still see the grooves
  • 9530106
    on Oct 24, 2017

    Any kind of caulk or putty is still going to show, and the wood putty will crack eventually. I would try and fill the grooves with a paste wax, and buff it down in the cracks as best I could. If it cracks or loosens, you can heat it up, and rebuff. :)
Your comment...