Upcycle Storage Containers

$2

I have these 3 drawer storage containers several places in our home. Sometimes I like that I can see what's in the drawer, and other times I do not. I came up with an easy and inexpensive way to upcycle the drawers - hiding what's inside and giving it a face lift at the same time.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

You'll need the following supplies:

• Drawer(s) you want to upcycle
  • Contact paper of your choice
  • Regular paper/butcher
  • paper
  • pencil
  • sissors
  • Ruler
  • Electrical Tape
  • Razor blade

I used butcher paper to trace the front of my drawer to make a pattern.

I measured the top down to the handle, and it was about 2 1/2". The indent portion of the bottom half of the drawer would take more contact paper than the upper portion. I needed to cut my pattern in 1/2 to accommodate this.

I cut my pattern out.

I then traced my pattern onto the back of the contact paper and cut the contact paper.

I pulled off the backing and put both 1/2 on the front of the drawer.

I used the white electrical tape to cover the lines of the two sections. I trimmed off the extra contact paper using a razor blade/Xacto knife.

Here it is all finished, and I love the way it turned out!

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

I’ll be making this on Hometalk’s Facebook Live DIY – November 12th at 7pm EST.

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Perfectly Round Tables
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Scarlette Sarah Elkins
    Scarlette Sarah Elkins

I know it would take a lot longer but would washi tape work about the same way ??

• Diane
      Diane
      Yesterday

I’m in agreement here, while washi tape is pretty, it’s stickiness over time is questionable. If you don’t want to use electrical tape there are also many patterns and varieties of duct tape you could use.

• Marta rosengren
    Marta rosengren

I have cotton fabric in the same design. Do you think it would work with Mod Podge and a spray on polyurethane?

• Erin
      Erin
      Yesterday

Why can’t you use the Modpodge as the adhesive as well?

• Tammy
    Tammy
    Yesterday

Can it just be painted and tape off trim?

• Lucille D. Varela
      Lucille D. Varela
      5 hours ago

I have this set of drawers which I painted years ago, I've also used contact paper on other drawer sets, and; as yet another alternative, I've lined the inside of the containers with decorative paper which allows you to easily change your decor over a period of time.