Sherrie
Sherrie
  • Nixa, MO

Make Magic with a little bit of paint!

I harp and harp on recycling and re-using. You can use almost anything! From bed springs to not so vintage luggage. With a little paint and a few strokes you can have a one of kind piece of art! I donate a lot of my time and paint to The Christian Foundation. The director has great insight and artistic talent to see beyond junk! She tells me what she has in mind for the painted pieces but she also see's beyond junk and can recycle anything! Old bed springs sale like wild fire at her store. A few words on lamp shades and old luggage has it out the door in a second! She displays it and other people know they can also use her idea's. She isn't a blogger but she can pull together anything out of nothing and make it usable and stunning! And I want to brag on her and show off her idea's and what a little paint and paint brush can do. I painted many if these pieces. I can't take credit for it because some if them I wouldn't had the nerve or insight to do it. I don't know if you can see the old bed springs sitting on the chair. But she slapped a little white paint, and put in volitive and candles, I have seen pretty paper comes made and candy used inside them. She doesn't use a
Lot of mattresses or old damaged chairs but she recycles the springs!
The luggage was probably from the 80's not vintage.  But it looks vintage.  The light fixture was ugly copper looking with gold.  I painted it old white in Anne Sloan waxed, aged it and the used gilding to give it a tiny little but of bling!  This idea was borrowed form Anne Sloan's books!  The old lamp shades... Was written by another person and he owns The Feathered Nest, these sale like crazy.  He also lettered the white luggage!  See a little work can make anything magic!
The luggage was probably from the 80's not vintage. But it looks vintage. The light fixture was ugly copper looking with gold. I painted it old white in Anne Sloan waxed, aged it and the used gilding to give it a tiny little but of bling! This idea was borrowed form Anne Sloan's books! The old lamp shades... Was written by another person and he owns The Feathered Nest, these sale like crazy. He also lettered the white luggage! See a little work can make anything magic!
Better shot of the green luggage.  Probably from the 80's.  This would be a great project for home made chalk  paint or any paint for that matter.
Better shot of the green luggage. Probably from the 80's. This would be a great project for home made chalk paint or any paint for that matter.
Anything even junk can be pretty with no effort!