Dresser painted and updated.
This is the original dresser. Mirror was not attached when I picked it up. I paid $100 for this on a buy and sell site. Total cost including this is approx. $150. I had some gouges to repair which I did with wood filler. I found worm holes in the drawers which concerned me
I washed it with soap and water, then lightly sanded where it needed it. Sanded the top more because I wanted to stain this surface.
I wallpapered the inside of the top 3 drawers and I stenciled the sides of all the drawers.My finished dresser. I applied 1 coat of Zinsser BIN primer to start. Then 2 coats of Fusion Mineral Paint to the dresser, wallpaper for the 3 small drawers and 2 coats of Annie Sloan Graphite for the bottom and to accentuate around the mirror. I applied 5 light coats of Minwax Classic Grey stain for the top. Topped the stained top with 3 coats of Polycrylic. I used a stencil and chalk paint to stencil the sides of the drawers. I used craft acrylic paint (silver and bronze) on the hardware and bought new clear knobs for the small drawers.
My finished project. I applied 1 coat of Zinsser Bin primer/sealer, 2coats of Fusion mineral paint Lamp White, 2 coats of Annie Sloan Graphite to the bottom and to accentuate the mirror. I stained the top with 5 light coats of Minwax Classic Grey stain and finished it with 3 coats of polycrylic. I used a stencil and chalk paint for the sides of the drawers. I painted the hardware with silver and bronze acrylic paints and added clear knobs to the top row of drawers. This is now in my bedroom and I absolutely love it.
- Fusion Mineral paint, Minwax stain and AS chalk paint
- Polycrylic sealer and wallpaper