Diane
Diane
  • Canada

Vintage Sewing Machine

$25

Sewing machine cabinet
vintage sewing machine
This machine was a consignment piece. The machine belonged to my client's mother who had passed away.
vintage sewing machine
I forgot to take a picture before taking the top off the stand. But here I have it upside down on a bench.  I sanded the top and the drawers a bit ut did not want to risk doing more damage than what was already done.   I removed the knobs off the drawers.
vintage sewing machine
I applied 2 coats of Rustoleum black spray paint and used gold acrylic paint to highlight the Singer brand.
vintage sewing machine
The client did not want me to sand off the top more than I had to.  This is part of the memory she has of using this machine as a child.  I stained it with Minwax and applied 2 coats of polycrylic. I painted the rest of the machine with Annie Sloan Old White, 2 coats.
vintage sewing machine
The client bought the hardware. They were heavy cast iron handles which I think really suit the piece. She was thrilled.

• Annie Sloan Old White chalk paint, Minwax stain
  • Polycrylic