Gaile Wenham
Gaile Wenham
  • Australia

How to get rid of mice

Joyce PeachStevenJeff Keith
+2

• Antoinne Patton

Get some traps and use peanut butter. this is what they really like.

• Ken

The mice are on here too and they asked how they can get rid of you Gaile. I'm feeling torn allegiances here.

If you seal every tiny hole you can keep them out of your house. Takes perseverance and aerosol foam.

There are a lot of different mouse traps and poisons. My former place was on the edge of the swamp and mouse population was incredible. I tried a lot of different strategies and the only one that worked consistently was a spring trap with peanut butter. Sometimes they will lick the peanut butter off without springing the trap but just keep reloading and sooner or later you will get them.

• Jeff Keith

II have done the peanut butter spring traps, and a thing this year which clears them out was the small toilet air freshness that have the wires. Crush up one of these just be very careful to not place where kids or pets can get to it. Around your garage door, and in the crawl space of your home. They do not like the scent and will decide and go and raise their winter nest at your neighbors.
  • Steven

Mice and moles are just about everywhere and getting rid of them is a constant battle. Saying "you'll get rid of them" is a pipe dream, but keeping them out of your hose and garage can be done.
    I have a woods in my back yard and I've had mice problems in the past.
    I first had to go around my house and garage to see where they were coming in. Dryer venting out of the side of my house was the first step. I used stainless steel small hole fencing and placed it over the dry vent and any other vents you may have. Then I bought new rubber garage door weather protectors (go on bottom of garage door). I sprayed them heavily with an oil based bug spray. (Mice love to chew through them to get into your house) PS they also will chew through the ones on your entry doors. Mice do not like the smell or taste of vinegar or mothballs, so spread these substances where you suspect their coming in. Also look at any wiring or piping that you have coming into your house you may need to fill in around them to seal it. Also, if you have any vines growing on your house this is a ladder were mice can find a way in. Cut them down! Finally, look at your gutters down spouts. My dog turned me onto this entry that I hadn't even considered. Sure enough I had to use fencing to keep them out.

The peanut butter works well as does a bucket of water half filled.

Good luck I feel your pain!
  • Joyce Peach

We have found the plug ins Ultrasonic Pest Repellers ....I got them at Wal mart, 6 in the package for about $20.00...We've been using them for years.