What can I do with a faux marble coffee table?

+7
It has all these coffee cup rings on it that I can't get off. I've tried Zep clean stone plus and a lot of other cleaners. The zip sure brought out the shine in the table but didn't take out the rings.
q what can i do with a faux marble coffee table
  • Ken Ken on Oct 24, 2017
    Try car wax. If it doesn't do the job, a scratch remover for car finishes offers a little more aggressive abrasive.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Oct 24, 2017
    I used baking soda, scrub lightly
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Oct 24, 2017
    If it's home-crafted faux marble, it's probably the finish. Most finishes can't take much heat and will leave marks. You should always use coasters if you have a home-crafted faux marble finish. This article is about removing stains from faux marble. It doesn't specifically say home-made, but one thing it does say is not to use anything abrasive, like baking soda. If it was home-made it was possibly sealed by Minwax. You might check on their site to see if they have any suggestions about removing marks. Check over this website - there are some good ideas.

Good luck!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Oct 25, 2017
    Baking soda worked for me too- if you really get stuck- you can cover in contact paper
  • Colleen Baugus Colleen Baugus on Oct 25, 2017
    I WET MINE DOWN WITH WHITE VINEGAR THEN I MADE A PASTE OF SOFT SCRUB AND BAKING SODA WITH WHITE TOOTH PASTE. I PUT IT ON AND LET IT SIT FOR A HOUR THEN RUBBED GENTLY AND RINSED IT OFF
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Sep 01, 2020

Hi Diane, create a dense paste of more baking soda and a little bit of water. Apply the paste to the stain and leave for a few minutes before wiping it off. You may need to repeat until the stain vanishes. If it’s a tough stain try removing it with ammonia solution. Dilute the ammonia with water 1 part ammonia to 10 parts water. Test in a small spot first. Rinse the solution from your marble well to eliminate any residue, left from the cleaning ingredients on it and wear gloves.

• Helen Hickey Helen Hickey on May 26, 2021

I would go to aA place where you can actually buy cut marble you know where they actually do the cutting themselves and you can usually find one of those in any town and and then ask them because those are the guys that know how to get those stains out