Is there a real way to clean grout that actually works?

+11
I would like to know what ACTUALLY CLEANS GROUT. Other than acid.
i have virtually tried every commercial and home made concoction out there, nothing gets the grout to look like it did when installed!!!
q is there a real way to clean grout that actually works
This is how it looked when installed
This is how it looks now ☹️
  • Amanda Amanda on Oct 24, 2017
    Hi Marianne. Have you tried simple green? I mix it with water and scrub the grout lines. Also did you seal the grout after the floor was installed? The simple green works well for me.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Oct 24, 2017
    If you find out let's know.
  • Peg Peg on Oct 24, 2017
    A home steam cleaner that has a small brush for just this sort of thing works. How do I know? Because I had the same issue.
  • Betty Hilliard Betty Hilliard on Oct 24, 2017
    Try lemons
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Oct 24, 2017
    We found the Turbo Hurricane cleaner the answer to grout! We just used our regular bathroom cleaner and it came clean! We ordered ours online, but you can get them at Walmart now and probably other stores. The Turbo cleaners can also be used on car tires and many other places needed cleaning. My husband loves it.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Oct 24, 2017
    Try plain white toothpaste
  • Cmacy Cmacy on Oct 25, 2017
    Always a task! I’ve tried everything, too except for the steam cleaner. Going to try that, for sure! The one thing that truly bothers me on this site is these GOOGLE ADS!! They never stop!! Going to become the END to this site, as well as on Pinterest! Obnoxiously annoying!!!
  • Ram15971604 Ram15971604 on Oct 25, 2017
    Use toilet bowl cleaner with "bleach" and an old toothbrush. Takes some elbow grease but worked wonderfully!
  • Wanda Wanda on Oct 25, 2017
    Paint it with a satin finish paint and then seal it with grout sealer. It is a tedious job but well worth the effort. It is very easy to keep clean with little effort.
  • Retta Robinson Retta Robinson on Oct 25, 2017
    White vinegar is acidic but it will clean your grout. Spread a capful down the grout line, let it sit for a couple minutes. Add a little water and scrub a bit with an old toothbrush or similar, then wipe up the dirty liquid. Pour a little clean water down the grout line to rinse away the acidic residue (which I"m told will damage the grout over time) and wipe that up with a different towel. Much of the dirt in grout comes from dried up dirty cleaning water. I'm gonna try one of those steam cleaners next time! Be sure to Reseal the clean grout.
  • I made an Oxy Clean paste with water and scrubbed it with a toothbrush. Wiped it off with a damp rag. Cleaned it right up. Forgotten how blue my grout actually was! Then sealed it well.

• Linda Linda on Feb 25, 2020

Make a paste of baking soda and peroxide then apply it to your grout with a toothbrush. Let it sit a little and then remove with a clean cloth.

• Monica Janelle Monica Janelle on May 11, 2021

How to Clean Grout

• Scrub dirty grout using plain warm water and a stiff-bristled brush. ...
    • Spray with equal parts vinegar and warm water for several minutes. ...
    • Apply a baking soda paste and spray with vinegar. ...
    • Pour on some hydrogen peroxide. ...
    • Apply oxygen bleach for up to 15 minutes.

• Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on May 11, 2021

Here is my post about my floors and it does work. It's natural and depending on the build up can take time ... so stick with it. https://chascrazycreations.com/natural-cleaning-with-vinegar/